By Yair Wiseman, Song Jiang
Publish 12 months note: First released September 30 2009
As any program operating on a working laptop or computer uses the working method, the capability effect of bettering parts comparable to reminiscence administration, procedure scheduling, dossier platforms, and gadget drivers is super. Advanced working structures and Kernel functions: recommendations and Technologies discusses non-distributed working platforms that gain researchers, academicians, and practitioners aspiring to delve into this topic sector and study extra in this vital box of research.
This leading edge e-book comprises an summary of topical concerns, equipment, and developments within the box of one-processor working platforms.
Read or Download Advanced Operating Systems and Kernel Applications: Techniques and Technologies PDF
Best operating systems books
This is often new-generation follow-up to the best-selling Macworld Mac OS Bible, the newest version of which has over 60,000 copies in print. this positively revised variation delves into Apple's strong new OS X. The ebook is jam-packed with 1000's of worthwhile factors, information and methods from Mac authorities Lon Poole and Dennis Cohen.
The Mac App shop is open for laptop enterprise! you will get in at the motion with this easy-to-follow consultant to constructing a Mac app from notion to final touch. here is the way to turn into a registered Mac developer, plan an app that clients will love, paintings with Objective-C and code libraries, construct and debug your app, and promote it in the course of the App shop.
- Ghost Process: a Sound Basis to Implement Process Duplication, Migration and Checkpoint Restart in Linux Clusters
- Pro iOS 5 Tools: Xcode Instruments and Build Tools (Professional Apress)
- Debian GNU Linux in der Praxis: Anwendungen, Konzepte, Werkzeuge GERMAN
- Windows-Sicherheit. Sicherheit von Systemen, Daten und Netzwerken unter Win2000, XP, .NET
- MBA's Guide to Windows XP Professional
- Windows PowerShell Pocket Reference (2nd Edition)
Additional resources for Advanced Operating Systems and Kernel Applications: Techniques and Technologies
Object Tracking The object tracker facilitates the recovery of kernel objects following a driver failure. The Nooks object tracker performs two independent tasks. First, it records the addresses of all objects in use by a driver in a database. As an optimization, objects used only for the duration of a single XPC call are recorded on the kernel stack. Objects with long lifetimes are recorded in a per-protection-domain hash table. Second, for objects that drivers may modify, the object tracker creates and manages a driver version of the object and records an association between the kernel and driver versions.
4. Stack pages are allocated on demand. If a kernel process needs minimal stack only one page is allocated. Only kernel processes that need larger stacks will have more pages allocated. The stack pages allocated per kernel process need not be contiguous but rather non-contiguous physical pages are mapped contiguously by the MMU. Stack overflows can be caught and damage to other kernel process stacks prevented. Larger kernel stacks can be efficiently provided. This facilitates porting of code that has not been designed for minimal stack usage into the Linux kernel.
1999). Windows NT Page Replacement Policies. In Proceedings of 25th International Computer Measurement Group Conference, (pp. 234-244). , & Pemmasani, G. (2005). NdisWrapper. sourceforge. net/ Gorman, M. (2004). Understanding The Linux Virtual Memory Manager. Upper Saddle River, NJ: Prentice Hall, Bruce Perens’ Open Source Series. Hand, S. Warfield, A. Fraser, K. Kotsovinos E. & Magenheimer, D. (2005). Are Virtual Machine Monitors Microkernels Done Right? In Proceedings of the Tenth Workshop on Hot Topics in Operating Systems (HotOS-X), June 12-15, Santa-Fe, NM.
Advanced Operating Systems and Kernel Applications: Techniques and Technologies by Yair Wiseman, Song Jiang